Friday, April 5, 2013

Books for the Kids

When it's time to read with the kids we are mostly reading books for boys.  I really enjoy ordering books from Scholastic and they have a great selection of boy books.  If you frequent the library, search the scholastic website and then go see what Scholastic books your library may have.

My boys are 6 and 2 1/2 and these are a few they love...

Pete The Cat
                                                          

Splat the Cat

Pirates Go To School

ANYTHING by P.K. Hallinan
He is my FAVORITE children's author and illustrator.  Go find him on facebook!
      



I'm a seasonal reader so right now we have several new books from scholastic that are spring themed.  Then there's the Shark books.  You can't go wrong with little boys and shark books!

As far as chapter books go we have read through a condensed version of The Black Stallion and Pinnochio.  I'm ready to dig into some more classics with Sawyer!

Earlier in the year we finished the Jesus Storybook Bible.  We all enjoyed this and will start it again soon.

Sidenote...my 2 1/2 year old is very active and rarely sits still.  I finally figured out that it's going to be a LONG time before he sits still to listen to a story.  So, now he has to stay in the room while we are reading but I don't make him sit down with us.  He does hear the story and occasionally will come over to see the pictures.  Don't get discouraged if you've got one or more like this.  Just keep reading, and maybe even read while standing on your head!  If you have a kid like this you totally understand.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I must find some Pete the cat books over here - they sound wonderful!