Thursday, April 4, 2013

Who's Desperate?

 I've been on a book reading frenzy lately.  It's pretty normal for me to have about 5 I'm reading at once. On the finished list lately has been...

The Wedding Dress - Rachel Hauk

Liz Curtis Higgs 4 book series Thorn in My Heart-Fair Is the Rose-Whence Came A Prince-
Grace In Thine Eyes (read these now)

Higgs Novella - A Wreath of Snow

Melanie Shankle's - Sparkly Green Earrings 

Desperate : Hope For The Mom Who Needs To Breathe by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson

 There's more on the list that aren't finished but as much as I enjoyed reading Higgs' series I needed Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson's book more.  Sarah was very brave to reveal all she was feeling about motherhood.  She laid out on pages for anyone to read all the weaknesses I keep to myself and don't want others to know.  Desperate is a perfect title because that's the feeling I have most.  So, I know of at least 3 people, including Sarah and Sally, that have felt desperate.  There's got to be plenty more moms and guardians who feel desperate too.

 I would enjoy so much going through this book with other people.  There are so many scriptures and tips to help you get through the desperate moments.  Most of all there's reminders that I will never be perfect as a mom or anything else.  I have to take each day as I'm given it and ask for God's grace to help me honor him in what I do, say, and think.  Oh and STOP STOP STOP comparing!!!  As Lysa TerKeurst would say, "I'm not equipped to handle her good or bad".  I can only handle what God created for me!


No comments: