Monday, April 15, 2013

Community

Everywhere I go I'm seeing the little pocket of community/relationships that affect me and I them every day.  We are designed to be relational people.  We are designed to want and need to be encouraged by those around us.  We desire to know and be known.

One of my soon to be favorite communities is the book study club that I'm a part of beginning this week.   A group of moms, soon to be moms, and want to be moms who need a place of encouragement, laughter, prayer, and accountability.  We are spread from Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, to Florida.  So we get to do this conference call style.  These women challenge me to keep going when I don't think I can.  

Just this morning God used my online community to help me move past the issue of worry in my day!  God always meets us where we are.  I love that!

I'm sad for the times I have hindered community/relationships because of selfishness or just lack of compassion and love.  The more I need encouragement the more I'm aware of my selfishness in my relationships.  Eye opening!

Lord help me to see those around me in need of your encouragement, love, and community.  


No comments: